Monday, February 20, 2017

Loyalty Points not showing in mPOS

Today I want to go over loyalty in mPOS. I originally had everything setup in AX and thought it was correct, but for some weird reason the loyalty points will not show up in the customer account in mPOS. I started debugging and found out that I never setup a loyalty tier (the client said they don't really use tiers). The client still wanted to see the customer loyalty points in mPOS. So I figured I created a dummy tier to see if it will fix the problem and behold it works! Tiers is very crucial in AX, because without setting up a tier the customer loyalty points will not show up in mPOS. So here are the steps I took in order for loyalty points to show up in mPOS.

1) Go to Retail > Setup > Loyalty > Loyalty Reward points. Go ahead and create a new reward points and set it up similar to what I have. Make sure to check Redeemable as it is crucial for the points to display in mPOS.




2) Go to Retail > Setup > Loyalty > Loyalty Program. We want to create a new program and set it up similar to what I have.


3) Go to Retail > Common > Loyalty Scheme. Create a new loyalty scheme and then edit the loyalty scheme. We want to create a new Earning rules, Redemption rules and which retail channel we want to have this loyalty scheme setup for.


Once everything is setup in AX, open up mPOS and issue a new loyalty card to a customer. Once that is done we want to go back to Retail > Common > Loyalty card and assign a Loyalty program for the new loyalty card.

Make sure to run 1050 job which is Loyalty Information to push the data down to the channel database. If everything was setup correctly you should be able to go into mPOS, open up your customer and their loyalty points should show up.



UPDATE:
If you still having problem with the loyalty points not showing up. The cause could be because you are using a "Direct Database Connection". This setting is in the Retail Channel Configuration Utility. I originally did not use direct database connection and my points was showing up. Then when I turned on Direct Database Connection my points were no longer showing. It could be how mPOS API calls to get the loyalty points information to display. Hopefully this will help those who still have an issue with the loyalty points now showing.


9 comments:

  1. Great post. You have given useful information. In Brisbane Loyalty cards are available for the customers. By using store loyalty card customer get discount from stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duc, can the point balance show on Retail POS ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you referring to the legacy POS? If so I think it is possible.

      Delete
  3. Hi Duc, May i know how to show it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are documentation on how to setup loyalty points.

      Delete
  4. The loyalty card is a small card that provides the retailer to its customer. This card helps to build a strong relationship between the retailer and the customer. Providing the loyalty card to the customer is one kind of promotion. loyalty cards printing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is the investors contact Email details,_   lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very grateful to Elegant loan firm for helping me get a $ 600,000 loan with the helping of loan officer Russ Harry, and I will always be grateful. My life has changed, my money has been paid, I now own a business that I used to support my family. I am grateful to you, Mr. Russ, and God bless you. You can contact them for your financial assistance by e-mail: Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com for your financial assistance.

    ReplyDelete