Monday, April 24, 2017

D365O Retail External Identity

It has been a while and finally I am back! I have D365O VM on my machine and I have been fiddling with in the environment for a little bit now. I attempted to install mPOS using D365O. The process was much smoother compared to the previous version of AX 2012 R3. There were less parts that we had to worry about and made the installation of mPOS a breeze. I was able to get everything setup and configured within an hour or so. Everything went great until I tried to login to mPOS. I would get an error relating to external identity. I remembered that I forgot to associate myself to a worker for the store I'm using. However, during the setup I ran into an issue with associating external identity. I was unable to find my email that I need to associate myself to one of the worker that belongs to the retail store. With a little bit of research I found out there was another way to associate yourself to the worker.

1) Go to worker 000160 (usually the worker we mainly used in the VM).
2) In "External Identity" action pane click "Clear Identity".
3) In the worker select the "Retail" tab and click "Edit".
4) In "External Identity" section fill the following textbox with this information.
    These information can be found if you login to Azure Portal.
    Alias: email of the AAD User (Azure Active Directory)
    UPN: Email of the AAD User
    External sub identifier: AAD's User's Object ID
 
5) Once you're done you should now be associate to worker 000160, and should be able to login to mPOS without any error.

Have fun exploring!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Did this actually worked? Because i did the same steps and i am getting the following error
    DA1023 - Could not resolve identity. The Azure AD account is not mapped to an employee in Retail headquarters. 'Step 5 Creating Device token failed'




    Application session ID

    3b15966d-dafa-76d6-ce04-35f6e422fdf3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure the user you're using exist in the Active Directory (AD)

      Delete
  2. Here is the investors contact Email details,_   lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete